By Ragini Chatterjee (Overall Grade Remedial) A case study on Scarlett O' Hara from ‘Gone with The Wind’ Scarlett O' Hara has to be one of the most vivacious character, on print. With her southern Belle ‘ Fiddle de dees ’, bright green eyes and sharp tongue, she is hard to forget. After having seen the movie multiple times from age 13, I was fascinated by her personality. Her antics, at times cruel, bought the story to life. Her obsession with Ashley, her multiple marriages, her cunning mind and relentless spirt were always entertaining from the perspective of the viewer. However, years later as I look back, I can’t help but recognize patterns of behavior that may resonate with some personality disorder. From the beginning of the movie, Scarlett has to be the centre of attention . At the Wilkes Party, in her attempts to drive Ashley jealous, she flirts with every man in sight- Starting with Charles Hamilton, Frank Kennedy, the Tarleton twins, she promis...
Comments
Post a Comment